Senior Field Service Engineer
NetBio is a dynamic and rapidly growing biotech company located in Waltham, MA. The Company is developing and commercializing Rapid, DNA Analysis ™ solutions-instruments and consumables that allow DNA processing outside the laboratory for the law enforcement, military, homeland security, and clinical diagnostics markets. Based on core competencies in microfluidics, molecular biology, and engineering, NetBio is delivering field forward systems that provide dramatically superior capabilities than currently possible. The Company's two product platforms are:
• Human Identification: A Rapid DNA Analysis system that accepts samples and generates DNA profiles in 84 minutes. NetBio is developing a broad product pipeline in this area to improve safety throughout society. The Company has partnered with GE Healthcare for commercialization in the global law enforcement market, and NetBio is independently commercializing in the military and homeland security markets.
• Pathogen Identification: A Rapid DNA Analysis system that accepts clinical samples and identifies pathogens (including common clinical pathogens, biothreats, and emerging infectious agents) by DNA sequence in approximately 90 minutes.
Senior Field Service Engineer
We are currently seeking a senior level field service engineer to provide technical support and field service at customer locations worldwide. The position requires significant travel and the ability to work off hours, although a major role will be to enhance the customer service function at NetBio. Responsibilities will also include coordination and scheduling of field service functions, and detailed issue and customer satisfaction tracking. The individual will also provide input and assistance to the engineering and product development teams.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated team player with commitment to customer service and quality, attention to detail, strong problem solving skills, leadership skills, and an exemplary work ethic.
· Perform instrument troubleshooting, optimization, and repair on-site at customer facilities worldwide.
· Prepare technical reports documenting customer issues, corrective actions, and preventative actions.
· Prepare cost quotations covering labor and materials for instrument service work.
· Investigate recurring or critical incidents and formulate solutions to mitigate future occurrences.
· Track and maintain configuration and status of customer systems
· Issue and Maintain RMA, service, and customer logs.
· Setup and test instruments for shipping to customers.
· Develop service and repair protocols and documentation.
· Provide training to technical support staff.
- Participate in the design system verification and validation process, including the development and implementation of test protocols related to product performance.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or physics is required plus 5-7 years of related engineering experience. Strong mechanical aptitude with familiarity with microfluidic, pneumatic, mechanical, optical, thermal and electrical subsystems strongly preferred.
- Must be resourceful and able to resolve technical problems while away from factory support.
· High proficiency with word-processing, spreadsheet, database, graphics, presentation, ticketing systems, and remote support systems is required
- High proficiency with computer systems, data acquisition systems, oscilloscopes, digital volt meters.
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Effective communication skills, both orally and written, with technical and non-technical individuals.
- Ability to perform under critical deadlines and time constraints.
- Ability to work standing for extended periods of time and capable of lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to travel 50 - 75%
· Experience with US and International Military Customers a plus
NetBio offers a competitive compensation package, including: medical and dental insurance with only 10% employee contributions towards premium! Flexible spending accounts, 401 k plan, with employer contributions.
No 3rd party agencies please. NetBio is an Equal Opportunity Employer.